Amateur radio (also called “ham” radio) is the use of designated radio frequency spectra for purposes of private recreation, non-commercial exchange of messages, wireless experimentation, self-training, and emergency communication. The term “amateur” is used to specify “a duly authorized person interested in radio electric practice with a purely personal aim and without pecuniary interest;” (either direct monetary or other similar reward) and to differentiate it from commercial broadcasting, public safety (such as police and fire), or professional two-way radio services (such as maritime, aviation, taxis, etc.).
- Barron County Amateur Radio Association
- Tri County Repeater Association
- Polk County Amateur Radio Association
- NorWesCo (Washburn & Burnett Counties in Wisconsin)
- Wisconsin Interstate Network